The next Western Pennsylvania Handbell Festival (WPA) will be Saturday, March 30, 2019.
Three Rivers Ringers has presented and managed the WPA Festival, geared toward beginning and intermediate handbell ensembles (Level 1 and 2), for the past seven years. The WPA Festival is now a biannual event, and so the next festival will be Saturday, March 30, 2019 with Sandra Eithun as the Festival Clinician. Stay tuned for more details as they become available.
However, in place of the festival this coming year, Three Rivers Ringers is pleased to offer a variety of educational opportunities than can be customized for the needs of your handbell ensemble:
- Three Rivers Ringers can give on-site workshops tailored for your handbell ringers
- Music reading sessions for the 2019 WPA Festival repertoire
- Workshops specific to preparation for a handbell festival, such as:
- How to participate in a festival without a full ensemble
- How to prepare the music
- What to expect at the festival
- Mentoring for handbell directors on topics like skill development, recruitment, conducting skills, how to teach techniques, and music selection
To enlist Three Rivers Ringers to help you develop your own skills or those of your handbell musicians, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what your needs are, and we will work with you!
December 1 @ 8:00 pm
December 3 @ 3:30 pm
December 9 @ 7:30 pm
December 16 @ 4:00 pm
December 17 @ 7:00 pm